Friday, October 12, 2012

Discrimination At The Security Point

This is one of the hardest and most stressing experiences you can encounter, as a regular "fat" traveller I know that 80% of the times I pass the check point on an airport I will be re-screened by hand 75% of the time in front of everyone. Not only it makes you feel like a terrorist but it depressing, humiliating and a situation that should be avoided.

I try to explain to the TSA agents that I have to use the regular metal detector since the new X-Ray machines 60% of the time come up with a blurry image it makes me go through the hassle of the hand check yet they don´t believe me and make me go through the procedure. There´re a few fat friendly airports mainly airports like Fort Lauderdale, San Diego, West Palm Beach I have found it to be the easiest ones to move through them while fat. Yet the most horrible experiences at the check point have happen in Puerto Rico, Atlanta, New York and Los Angeles.

The funniest thing is that being a frequent traveler in almost all the airlines I amazingly get the SSSS in my tickets that sometimes helps me pass ahead of really long lines yet it also means that I will be checked for bombs, chemical residues and manually to make sure the plane will not blow up with the huge bombs I can carry in my belly.

Miami its another thing I was told once by a TSA agent that I had to get an X-Ray since I could eat many kilos of cocaine and could fit it inside my belly. Its time that we move ahead of the discrimination against fat people, and all types of discrimination have to be eliminated from the airport.

2 comments:

  1. Did you know that 64% of Americans are overweight or obese? Then why don't companies start catering to fat people???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The most interesting thing is that some airlines suggest that obese people should buy 2 airline tickets while traveling in economy class, yet its almost impossible to purchase 2 tickets under the same name and nothing warantees that the 2 seats will be together.

      Why and this is just something that would make things easier for big people in some areas of planes with 3 rows they dont place a wider seat option and only place 2 so like when you are buying extra leg room you can buy extra width. I would place only 2 lanes with this option which would cost a 25% or even 50% more making it more comfortable for big people to fly and not have to pay for business class. The Extra Width option will only take one seat from each lane so if 2 lanes are place like this only 2 seats per plane would dissapear. Yet this wide version can be use for lower level members of rewards clubs when there're no upgrades available in case no big people buy the extra width seats....

      Delete